What would motivate a woman to drive 265 miles to crash her car into a White House barrier? Twice? The government shut down, of course. Mirian Carey 34, a dental hygienist from Stamford, Connecticut drove her Nissan Infiniti from her home in Stamford to Washington D.C. and then rammed her car into a White House barrier with her one year old daughter Erica in the back seat.
After being surrounded by Capitol Police at the White House, Carey managed to escape and was chased to the Capitol building where she was shot dead by police. She was unarmed.
Have you noticed that whenever an act of violence occurs whether it’s a train wreck or a propane explosion or a madman shooting people screaming “Allah Akbar” a spokesman comes forth to declare it is NOT an act of terrorism? This incident is no different.
U.S. Capitol Police chief Kim Dine said the incident “appears to be an isolated, singular matter, with, at this point, no nexus to terrorism.”
Why Did She Do It?
After a quick Googling a bunch of reasons are being put forth:
- Distraught of Government shut down.
- History of mental Illness
- Post Partum Depression
- A bad break up with baby’s father
- The Tea Party
So ask yourself :
- Why would a young lady crash her car into the White House?
- Why would a young lady who immigrated from Somalia crash her car into the White House?
- Why would a young lady who immigrated from Somalia crash her car into the White House on the anniversary of the Battle of Mogadishu (Blackhawk Down)?
[ed note: The Capitol Police who gave chase were furloughed and working without pay.]