Flight attendants put up with a lot of shit. Try to be nice to them. They might save your life.
Airlines are required by law to provide flight attendants for the safety and security of passengers. The primary job of flight attendants is to keep passengers safe and to ensure that everyone follows security regulations. Flight attendants also try to make flights comfortable and enjoyable for passengers.
THINGS FLIGHT ATTENDANTS ARE THERE FOR.
- Attend preflight briefings on details of the flight.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of emergency equipment are on board.
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Take care of passengers’ needs, particularly those with special needs.
- Reassure passengers during flight, such as when the aircraft hits turbulence.
- Ensure seat belts are properly fastened to prevent injuries during take off, landing and turbulence.
- Administer first aid to passengers or coordinate first aid efforts, when needed.
- Extinguish cabin fires.
- Direct passengers in case of emergency.