As a long time Anglophile, this post has been a long time coming. When my first wife and I divorced, we didn’t argue about the kids, or the money. We argued about who got the Chuck and Di dolls. I was with my family, watching a AAA baseball game in Las Vegas when she died.
So without further ado, I present to Loyal Readers, some trivia of the House of Winsor. Some are true. Some are flights of humor. It will be up to you Loyal Reader to sort them.
- The Royal Family is German.
- The code word for the Queen’s death is LONDON BRIDGE.
- Because Prince Charles is related to Vlad the Impaler, it is rumored that HRH is a vampire.
- The wedding of Charles and Diana is the most viewed televised event in World history.
- Princess Anne’s wedding cake was made by the Royal Army Caterer Corps.
- During the London Olympics, Princess Anne presented her own daughter, Zara a silver medal.
- Princess Anne is the only member of the Royal Family that has a criminal record.
- Two of Queen Elizabeth’s Aunts were diagnosed as an “Imbecile ” and an “Idiot”.
- Wallis Simpson was both a commoner and a divorcee. Therefore, Edward was forbidden to marry her.
- Prince Charles married the divorcee Camilla Parker-Bowles.
- Prince Willian and Prince Harry have both married commoners.
- It is rumored the the Queen approved marraige to commoners in order to “prop up” the Winsor gene pool.
- Queen Elizabeth wears garish colors so that her security detail can easily see her.
- The Royal Armor Group provides security for the Queen and Royal Family.
- The RAG has a color code for the Queen’s clothing that determines her current mood.